The most complicated part of making pizza at home is the crust. But you can use English muffins as an alternative to traditional yeast pizza crust. You can also use baguettes. This will save about half an hour of preparation time. You can also make this easy English muffin pizza as part of a quick meal, hors d’oeuvres for a party, or even an after school snack.
Purchasing canned pizza sauce also saves a considerable amount of time. But this pizza recipe also offers the option of making pizza sauce from canned tomato soup and a few basic spices.
How to Make Easy Homemade Pizza Sauces
Using 8 English muffins will make 16 little pizzas. You will then need only 1/2 of the sauce amount. You can then store the remaining sauce in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the sauce for later use. If frozen, you will need to warm the freezer package under warm tap water in order to thaw the sauce.
- 1 can tomato soup, size 10.75 ounces
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pour the tomato soup and warm water into a medium sized saucepan. Then, set the burner temperature to the medium-low heat setting.
- Add the garlic powder, oregano, minced onion, and brown sugar before the soup begins to simmer.
- Finally, allow the sauce to simmer for a minimum for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
Supplies and Ingredients Needed to Make Easy English Muffin Pizzas
- Baking sheet
- Sharp knife
- Metal tablespoon or soup spoon
- 8 sourdough English muffins
- Pizza sauce, 14 ounce can or homemade from the recipe above
- 2 tablespoons (optional) diced onion, green pepper, mushrooms, or any preferred pizza topping
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
Steps for Preparing Easy English Muffin Pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. If you are using a wood-fired oven, make sure to check that the firewood you use will suit your taste.
- Slice the English muffins in half along the pre-marked fork lines on the sides of the muffins, using a sharp knife. This will create 16 little circles to use for pizza crust.
- Then, spread the English muffin sections on the baking sheet, with cut side facing up.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each English muffin slice. Then, add more sauce according to personal preference, if the pizzas look too dry.
- Add optional toppings as desired.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the little pizzas, about 2 tablespoons to each section.
- Spread three pepperoni slices on top of the cheese on each English muffin section.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown and the pepperoni begins to curl up.
You can serve the easy English muffin pizzas from this recipe alone as a snack. Alternatively, you can also serve them with a salad or vegetable of choice to make a whole meal.